There are unwanted children but unfound families and “biology is the least of what makes someone a mother”-Oprah Winfrey.
TAF’s mission is to see every child that comes through our door ends up in a good family. The foundation was set on this principle and remains firm in achieving this goal. Our founder believes that much more than love, a child needs a home. And in partnership with the Lagos State Ministry of Youth, Sport and Social Development over 80 children have been placed in families via adoption.
Adoption is purely legal with us. It is interesting and a thing of pride. Anyone who intends to adopt or has once adopted before should know he/she has made a significant change to the world simply by giving a new and better life to a child.
The Process of Adoption / fostering
The process involved in adopting a child at TAF is simple but requires some efforts. Like the common saying nothing great comes easy. If a woman can be patient enough to wait for nine months to bring a baby into the world then adopters should be ready to go through the necessary processes and requirements to adopt a child.
The first and the most crucial thing we look for in our adopters is pure love. This must be evident. Parents are care takers of children given by God. And it’s not possible to demonstrate care without love being expressed. The love shown to the child will determine how soon the bonding process (the time taken for the child to get used to his/her prospective parents) takes place.
So we recommend pure, unconditional love to adopters who wish to adopt a child from TAF.
Visit the Adoption section of the ministry of Youth Sports and Social development. The office which is located in the Complex of the Government Offices in Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos (block 18), where you will be put through series of interviews. Once you meet their requirements and they are satisfied with their investigations and interviews, a letter of authorization to adopt will be given to you. With this letter in your hand you can visit us at our office here in Iju, Lagos.
Please consider the following conditions before you come to us.
- We DO NOT charge money for adoption; therefore don’t offer money to any individual.
- We DO NOT process adoption letter without sighting the original letter of approval.
- We carry out medical test for all children.
- We love to receive regular reports of children adopted.
- We DO NOT visit homes of adopters after the adoption unless invited by adopters, therefore do not encourage orphanage staff to visit your homes.
- Monitoring of adopted children is done by the social welfare of Lagos state.
- Under no circumstance should you divulge any information to an unauthorized personnel.
For more information visit:
Lagos State Ministry of Youth, Sport, and Social Development
18, Alausa secretariat, Ikeja,
Our Admin desk