This topic is one that parents and guardians ought to take very important but it’s unfortunate that in our likelihood, it is of no importance to most people. As less/no attention is given. Taking care of children entails not just food, shelter, and clothing. But taking a close watch to every move the child makes. most especially among his/her peers.
The environment has been found to be the major factor that influences the behavioural traits a child puts up.
This post centers mainly on Child Abuse/Molestation. It has been discovered that both male and female are being abused in one form or the other as opposed to being only females being abused before.
Listed below are the likely pointers that has led to child abuse/molestation:
1. When a child starts getting too fond of older people.
2. When a child starts getting nervous when he/she sees older people.
3. When adults starts touching a child at sensitive body parts.
4. The cliche of referring to a child as your ‘wife’ or ‘husband’ mostly by older people.
5. Media exposure ( TV, Internet).
6. When a special love/attention is devoted to a particular child by the step-dad or step-mum.
7. When a child starts asking adult related questions.
All these and lots more are worth looking out for.
In our next post, we will be discussing the steps to be taken to avoid child abuse/molestation.
Thank you for reading.